Investment Analyst (m/f/d)
Hitachi Ventures is a Corporate Venture Capital firm that invests in exciting early-stage startups that can benefit from the reach and scale that Hitachi offers as a potential partner – creating win-win opportunities. We have a broad investment mandate in both stage and sector, with a particular interest in supporting strong entrepreneurs driving social good, especially in the areas of Environment and Healthcare.
You have appreciation for startups and the confidence and skills that enable effective collaboration with the startup community? The Munich investment team is looking for an investment analyst to support the deal team in all aspects of the venture capital process while contributing to the growth of the firm from the Munich office.
- Deal sourcing and screening of investment opportunities in alignment with the Fund’s core investment themes
- Work as part of the investment team to develop investment theses in different technology areas
- Perform and coordinate activities such as market sizing, industry and sector analysis, competitive positioning, technical feasibility, and other areas critical to investment evaluation and knowledge sharing
- Prepare detailed investment memos and contribute research results to investment discussions
- Support efforts to deliver to Hitachi business leaders an outside-in view of the entrepreneurial ecosystem, while collaborating with these leaders to understand where we can best add valueWork with portfolio companies on problem solving and opportunities discovery
- Build and maintain a network in the venture capital community
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally Master’s degree (science, engineering or technical discipline preferred; in any case passion for technology)
- Prior experience in venture capital and 1-2+ years of other relevant work experience (science, engineering, technology, investment banking or strategy consulting)
- Effective financial modelling and outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive, and high self-motivation
- Ability to produce “board level” PowerPoint presentations and succinct Word memos
- Demonstrated excitement related to the entrepreneurial ecosystem
Sounds like the perfect role for you? Hitachi Ventures Team is looking forward to receiving your CV and short cover letter by email.