Starting June 2023
About Hitachi Ventures
Hitachi Ventures is the Strategic Corporate Venture Capital arm of Hitachi, Ltd. We invest in innovative startups with strategic relevance to Hitachi, Ltd. that address society’s key technological challenges in target areas such as mobility, health care and smart life, industry, energy and IT. With offices in Germany and United States we cover Europe, Israel and North America. We look for leading startups with exciting technologies and business models which we support as investor as well as through strategic collaborations with Hitachi business units.
You have appreciation for startups and the confidence and skills that enable effective collaboration with the startup community? This role will be ideal, you will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the venture capital process while contributing to the growth of the firm from the Munich office.
Do you share our passion for innovation and entrepreneurship driven by technologies such as AI/ ML, data science, blockchain, next generation compute etc.?
- Conduct market and sector analysis, competitive positioning, technical feasibility, and other areas critical to investment evaluation
- Support core investment processes from deal sourcing to diligence and execution
- Support efforts to deliver to Hitachi business leaders an outside-in view
- Currently pursuing a MS or PhD in an engineering, data science or Computer Science related discipline
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and a self-starter
- Strong communication and organization skills, with a logical approach to problem solving
- Research background in the area of AI/Machine Learning, Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing or related areas will be a positive
- Must be authorized to work in the USA
- Ability to work onsite at least for few days a week
- Opportunity to gain insights and work experience in a Corporate VC Fund
- Opportunity to learn the nature and dynamics of the venture capital business
- An open and positive working environment with flat organizational structures
- Close interaction with our deal team to support them with sourcing, due diligence, and portfolio management
- Get involved in the fast growing and aspiring VC/Startup eco-system
Sounds like the perfect role for you? Hitachi Ventures Team is looking forward to receiving your
application documents (CV & short cover letter). Please apply here.