Hitachi Ventures is a Corporate Venture Capital firm that invests in exciting early-stage startups that can benefit from the reach and scale that Hitachi offers as a potential partner – creating win-win opportunities. We have a broad investment mandate in both stage and sector, with a particular interest in supporting strong entrepreneurs driving social good, especially in the areas of Environment and Healthcare.
You have appreciation for startups and the confidence and skills that enable effective collaboration with the startup community? The Boston investment team is looking for an investment manager to support the deal team in all aspects of the venture capital process while contributing to the growth of the firm from the Boston office.
- Deal sourcing and screening of investment opportunities in alignment with the Fund’s core investment themes
- Work as part of the investment team to develop investment theses in different technology areas
- Perform and coordinate activities such as market sizing, industry and sector analysis, competitive positioning, technical feasibility, and other areas critical to investment evaluation and knowledge sharing
- Collaborate on investment memos and participate in investment discussions
- Support efforts to deliver to Hitachi business leaders an outside-in view of the entrepreneurial ecosystem, while collaborating with these leaders to understand where we can best add value
- Work with portfolio companies on problem solving and opportunities discovery
- Support the creation and maintenance of tools that help continuously improve our operations
- Build and maintain a network in the venture capital community
- Help manage and mentor interns
- Technical degree (science, engineering or technical discipline preferred, in any case passion for technology)
- Prior experience in venture capital and 2+ years of other relevant work experience (science, engineering, technology, investment banking or strategy consulting)
- Effective financial modelling and outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive, and self-motivated with ability to articulate ideas in group setting
- Strong technical skills with Microsoft Office (Ability to produce “board level” PowerPoint presentations and succinct Word memos) and ability to optimize the latest SaaS productivity products
- Demonstrated excitement related to the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Only candidates allowed to work in the US without requiring visa sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Sounds like the perfect role for you? Hitachi Ventures Team is looking forward to receiving your CV and short cover letter. Please apply here.
Hitachi Ventures embraces diversity and is committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. Hitachi Ventures is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.